This year CEAC continues to pursue our dual goals of (1) reducing greenhouse gas emissions in Addison County and (2) building our organizational capacity to grow and sustain this important work.
Our efforts include:
- Creating a Climate Action Plan for Addison County
- Expanding the “LiveGreenVT: Champlain Valley Climate and Renewable Energy Guide”
- Producing a monthly e-newsletter
- Regular meetings of our Community Advisory Board with over 25 local leaders
- Acting as a community hub with Climate Roundtables that deepen the connections among the many local groups working on climate.
CEAC is also developing relationships with partners and funders to co-create a thriving organization that will meet challenges of the next decade. We will:
- Increase our staffing and volunteer capacity
- Create more public education activities around climate justice
- Continue research and education projects aimed at achieving our goals, including work with Middlebury College.
- Expand projects with our education, business and agricultural communities
- Support programs that nurture healthy downtowns and working lands.