In 2021, CEAC will continue to pursue our dual goals of (1) reducing greenhouse gas in Addison County through on-the-ground projects and (2) building CEAC’s organizational capacity to grow and sustain this important work.
Our work will continue to:
- Expand our public EV Charger program
- Support renewable-energy projects
- Work with local businesses to implement low-emission and net-zero-emission opportunities
- Partner with other county organizations to pursue significant grant opportunities.
CEAC will also build upon our past successes:
- Co-creating the new “LiveGreenVT: Champlain Valley Climate and Renewable Energy Guide” (LiveGreenVT.org)
- Compiling an extensive, unique baseline study of county greenhouse-gas emission sources and volumes
- Producing a twice-monthly e-newsletter with over 200 subscribers
- Forming an active Community Advisory Board of over 25 local leaders
- Public advocacy for Middlebury College’s 30-acre solar energy field.
CEAC will develop relationships with partners and funders to co-create a thriving organization ready to meet challenges of the next decade. We will:
- Increase our staffing and volunteer capacity
- Create more public education activities around climate in Addison County
- Continue research and education projects aimed at achieving our goals
- Expand projects with our education, business and agricultural communities
- Support programs to nurture healthy downtowns and working lands
- Expand our Champlain Valley Climate and Renewable Energy Guide.