In 2020, CEAC will continue to pursue our dual goals of (1) reducing carbon in Addison County through on-the-ground projects and (2) building CEAC’s organizational capacity to grow and sustain this important work.
We will support projects to reduce our dependence on fossil fuels in our homes, in our communities, and in our businesses. Projects that will start or continue in 2020 include:
- Expanding our public EV Charger program throughout Addison County
- Supporting proposed renewable energy projects
- Working with our businesses to help see new carbon-free opportunities
- Collecting and organizing baseline data on energy and materials flows that will inform plans for achieving necessary carbon reduction goals.
- Partnering with many other Addison County organizations in pursuing a significant grant opportunity through the Working Communities Challenge Program ; our early conversations have included an important focus on climate change.
CEAC’s work to date has been accomplished by dedicated volunteers, many of whom have other life and work responsibilities. During 2020, we plan to acquire staff and/or contracted professionals to increase our ability, capacity, and effectiveness. This will require fundraising. We have received early gifts or pledges of almost $20,000 and we hope to double that amount during the first half of 2020.
More information on CEAC’s vision, history and past work is available HERE.