The Climate Economy Action Center of Addison County (CEAC) released on June 14, 2022 a final version of a Climate Action Plan (CAP) for Addison County.
The plan, built over the course of 18 months, and with extensive input and feedback from the community provides a roadmap for our community to address climate change at the local level by:
- Identifying steps that can realistically be taken locally to reduce climate pollution while moving toward a local economy that is sustainable in the long term.
- Addressing the three biggest sources of Addison County’s GHG emissions: agriculture, transportation, and buildings (heating/cooling/lighting).
- Identifying existing and future business and “green jobs” opportunities.
- Defining roles that individuals, businesses, organizations, and institutions can play.
- Guiding and coordinating the actions of community sectors including education, agriculture, business, industry, local and state government, nonprofits, and major institutions such as Middlebury College and Porter Hospital.
Links to Other Resources:
- Executive Summary of CAP
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Sign up for CEAC newsletter to be updated on the Climate Action Plan
- Sign up for CAP Summit (Fall 2022)
- email: email@example.com with any general inquiries.