The Climate Economy Action Center of Addison County (CEAC) has released a draft Climate Action Plan (CAP) for Addison County for public review and comment. See links below for the draft CAP and other resources.
See this recent page 1 story in the Addison Independent for a great summary of the draft Climate Action Plan for Addison County.
Key goals of the draft Climate Action Plan include:
- Identifying steps that can realistically be taken locally to reduce climate pollution while moving toward a local economy that is sustainable in the long term.
- Addressing the three biggest sources of Addison County’s GHG emissions: agriculture, transportation, and buildings (heating/cooling/lighting).
- Identifying existing and future business and “green jobs” opportunities.
- Defining roles that individuals, businesses, organizations, and institutions can play.
- Guiding and coordinating the actions of community sectors including education, agriculture, business, industry, local and state government, nonprofits, and major institutions such as Middlebury College and Porter Hospital.
CEAC welcomes individuals, businesses, organizations, and institutions to review the plan, submit their comments. CEAC is collecting public comments on the draft Climate Action Plan through our public comment form.
Links to Other Resources:
- Draft Climate Action Plan (CAP) – online viewing format
- Executive Summary of Draft CAP
- CAP Public Comment Form
- CAP Public Comment Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Sign up for CEAC newsletter to be updated on the Climate Action Plan
- email: email@example.com with any general inquiries.